And it's not like I've been rushing around, busy for weeks and just needed a break. Nope. I've been on summer vacation for a while now, and I'm just EXTRA lazy today. I actually crawled back into bed to rest. REST. To rest from what? All my resting?
It's not like I haven't been doing things.
Things I've accomplished or wanted to accomplish this summer.
- I wanted to read. A lot. And I have! I read The Help, The Book Thief, Night...and I'm reading The Things They Carried. My list is super long, so I have a bit left to go!
- I'm not teaching drama this year, so I needed to move rooms. Check! And it was lots of work! Heavy lifting! Sorting! Building IKEA bookshelves (Thanks mom and dad!)!
- I'm all caught up on laundry today, so there's that...
And that's about it for accomplishments.
I still have time, yes. But many things I want/need to get done.
- I had big plans on organizing my classroom. This can still happen.
- Organizing my house?
Maybe next year.Maybe.
- I wanted to lose 10 pounds this summer. Or more! Guess how much I've lost??? Guess? NONE. Not one flipping pound. I suppose in the four weeks of summer vacation I have left, I could lose 4 pounds.
- I was going to turn into a good blogger.
- I wanted to teach myself piano.
- I wanted to write songs again.
- I wanted to write, take pictures, become a better person...
So many things...so much time wasted.
We have been running, though. Not as much as I hoped, but the heat wave last week kind of knocked my socks off.
We are doing the Warrior Dash again this weekend. I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking when I decided that was a good idea again. Hopefully it's just as fun as last year?
We also signed up for a half marathon. Oh my.
So there's that.
When I'm working, I'm totally not lazy at work. I'm busy all the time, always doing something, so I think that's why when I slow down in the summer, it's basically a STOP. Any other teachers experience this? I mean, I do school-type things at home, etc, but I'm definitely moving at a snail's pace for any and everything. I just kind of shut off for a bit.
What have you done/not done this summer?