Tuesday, April 16, 2013

This is me. In a nutshell. I'm a pretty big nut.


  • I am not profound, nor am I as smart as I hope to be.
  • Often, I feel I will need a dictionary next to me to read your book. Or understand you. Or anything.
  • My brother is a genius. I've spent my life trying to catch up.
  • I don't remember nearly as much as I want to. Mostly because I just don't care that much about things that I know truly aren't that important.
  • I crave appreciation for my efforts, even if I screw up 95% of the time. Damn it, I TRY. And I try hard.
  • A simple thank you or any show of gratitude if so much appreciated. So much.
  • I fancy myself a writer, but I doubt I'll ever be published.
  • I fancy myself an actress, though I doubt I'll ever perform on stage again.
  • I fancy myself a singer, but see above.
  • My dreams have fallen by the wayside for consistency.  Probably not stability, because Education is definitely not stable.
  • I want to be a writer, singer, performer. (See above)
  • My cat Steve appreciates me more than most humans will. But it's probably just because I feed him and let him sleep in my lap.
  • I don't think I'll ever figure out how other people NOT doing things (anything) is MY fault.  You can lead a horse to water...
  • The more I have to do, the worse I am at doing it.
  • The more I see people living their dreams, the more I see mine slipping away.
  • Shoes and clothes (and make up. and nail polish) are my weakness. But I'm not shallow.
  • I care too much (even though my favorite thing to say to people is, "Ask me if I care. No. Really. Ask me."
  • I love reading, but I never have time. On my list? Finish "I Was Told There'd be Cake" Start "Dust to Dust."
  • Napping is one of my favorite things ever. EVER. A nap can make most things better. Especially when taken with cats.
  • Any military homecoming video makes me cry. Especially one with animals.
  • I'm 33 and I STILL don't know if I want kids.
  • I'm pretty selfish. (See the naps bullet)
  • It doesn't matter what time I go to bed. If allowed, I will sleep until 9:00 AM. Over spring break, I slept for 10 hours a night...and took a nap almost every day. Sleep and me? BFFs.
  • I would be an excellent personal shopper.
  • Or buyer.
  • Target? I'm looking at you. 
  • I love editing papers. Can I edit books from home?
  • My to-do list takes up an entire legal pad page. And that's just the things I remember.
  • My mom's goal is to organize me this summer. She has ordered me 12 green packing crates. 
  • I hope it works.
  • Beach vacations are the way to go.  I love learning, but I love drinking relaxing more.
  • I think I would be an excellent stand-in on a movie set.
  • I HATE my nose. HATE.
  • But I pretend I'm okay with it, and then have to pretend more when others cross a line because I pretend to be okay with it.
  • I am horribly un-photogenic.
  • I'm pretty sure I'll never be happy with how I look. (Vanity.)
  • I have BIG dreams/plans, but a much bigger reality button. BIG.
  • I give my cat cranberry pills twice a day and wet food with powder capsules every day to keep bladder infections at bay. I can't stand thinking of him sitting at the vet for days in a cage, so I treat him myself. He's playing again :). And totally worth it.
  • I pretty much never fit in.
  • I don't have an iPhone.
  • Or an iPad.
  • I do, however, have an iPod (Thanks to my husband). :)
  • Most of the music I "like" now has been heard on commercials first.
  • I LOVE running even though I'm terribly slow.
  • I'm not competitive. Not even with myself.
I suppose that's enough for now!
Happy almost Wednesday!

No comments: