Sunday, October 16, 2011

Things I would like to accomplish. Someday.

I have lofty goals.
I think that's okay.
I just have NO energy (or time) to attempt to accomplish them.
I'd like to, though.
I think I need a swift kick in the pants.
Ahem.  Here are my lofty (and not-so-loft) goals.

1. I would like to write a book.  I haven't really chosen a topic. I'm not sure if it will be fiction or non-fiction...but I'd like to write a book.
This is something my brother could do in his sleep...and I really wish he would...because then I could life vicariously through him.
2. I would like to create a blog dedicated to all of the silly/awesome things my dad says and does, but I don't want to embarrass him.  Everyone would LOVE it though, because he really is a riot :).  Kind of like Shit My Dad Says, but my dad doesn't say shit...they're gems of awesomesauce.
3. I want to write a song so amazing that it ends up on the radio.
4. I want to learn how to play piano.
5. I want to do a cover album of a mish-mash of my favorite songs and have the original song writer/singer be really impressed :).
6. I want to cook a full meal...tons of courses, and have the timing down perfectly.  I'm terrible with cooking timing...I can make a decent meal, but something will always be cold because I either forgot to make something, or made it too late, or underestimated the cooking time...it's exasperating.  I just watched the Pioneer Woman's cooking show...she's so freaking adorable and makes it seem so easy, but ten buck I mess everything up.
7. I want to learn to knit/crochet.  Whichever is easier to do first.
8. I want to have time to blog every day...and actually have interesting things to say.  Most days I'm too tired to sort my mail.
9. I want to be organized.  (See above) 

What are some of your lofty and not-so-lofty goals?

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I think knitting is definitely easier! Give it a try!