Sunday, October 23, 2011

Knitting and Friends and Books and...

How was everyone's weekend?  We played music trivia yesterday and our team got 3rd place! :)  Also, I, along with a colleague, took 42 students on a field trip (Career Day!) and we not only survived, but the kids were amazing!!! :)  It was nice :).
  • So, on the recommendation of Crazy Shenanigans-JMO I'm thinking of taking up knitting. Just after looking at Amazon for a few seconds, I feel like I'm already in over my head :).  Any recommendations of where to start?  What sort of needles to get? Yarn? 
  • I've decided that any time anyone says/does/suggests something that I feel is ridiculous, I'm going to tilt my head, look at them as if they are crazy, and walk away. Because that's the response they deserve.
  • B and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary on Friday. :)  We went to Harvey's and ditched the diets. It was awesome.  
  • I was working out today and watched the last episode of Friends. And cried.  That is the best TV show ever made. I watch it every time I catch it on TV.  I miss it.  I really haven't gotten into a TV show since then.
  • Sorry my posts are typically picture-free. I know it's visually boring. I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures.  
  • I got a lot of Christmas shopping done this weekend...mostly online.  I also got myself some goodies from Sephora.  Yay for friends and family events!  If I remember, I'll post the loot when I get it.
  • I've been doing pretty good at working out in the morning before work. I can only do about 30 minutes, but it's better than nothing. I finally got about 75 minutes in today. It felt pretty good.  I've lost 8 pounds so far!
  • I've been reading "Can You Keep a Secret?" recently. I love Sophie Kinsella, and I'm pretty surprised that I've never read this book.  The main character is so much like me!
  • Any good book recommendations?  I'm trying to read more, as I used to, but don't really have a lot of time now. I'm trying to make more time for me, since work already gets over 50+ hours a week!  I need balance, and gosh darn it, I'm going to get it!
Well, I hope you have an awesome week! Do something fun/nice for yourself!

<3 Gretchen

No comments: