Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Things I learned while on a road trip with my husband, etc

1. I am freakishly afraid of other people's dirt.
2. Bryan will clean every surface I have to touch with a handi-wipe...without being asked.
3. I need to stop watching Dateline or whatever show it was that featured all the disgusting things you can find in a hotel room.
4. Thanks to the movie "Four Rooms," I also always think there is a dead body in the box spring of every hotel I encounter.
5. I've actually checked.
6. I haven't found any dead bodies. Yet.
7. I sleep in a bed bag that B bought me. It's a protective sheet sewn into a sleeping bag.  I love it.
8. Whomever invented this is a genius.
9. I tried a crab cake for the first time in Boston.
10. And clam chowder.
11. Both weren't too bad.
12. I don't like hotels that open your doors, take your bags, and suck up to you.  I can carry my own bag. (and I don't expect a tip when I get the bag to the room).  I much prefer to be left alone.
13. Baltimore is one of the coolest cities ever.
14. Boston is one of the coolest cities ever.
15. I would love to move to either place...but probably Baltimore, because they don't get nearly as much snow.
16. I checked.
17. I touched a sting ray!
18. It was at an aquarium, but I think it still counts.
19. It only took me 45 minutes of standing next to the tank.
20. Considering I won't swim in the ocean, I'd say that's not too bad.
21. I think I have forgotten how to drive, since B did all the driving.
22. Thank goodness.  I'm not sure we would have made it otherwise.
23. Pressing the detour button 87 times while driving from Virginia Beach to Connecticut is a bad idea.  Instead of taking the REAL expressway, it will take you on US 1.  Through 37 tiny little towns with 100 traffic lights each...that are always red when you need them to be green.
24. Always go to the bathroom when you get the chance.  See #23 if you don't believe me.
25 The Melt Bar and Grilled is amazing.  We've been there four times.
26. Twice on this trip.
27. There's a place called Five Guys Burgers and Fries.
28. That's pretty awesome, too.
29. We planned a lot of our trip around food.
30. Weddings planned by event planners are FABULOUS. Gorgeous.
31. Photo booths should be mandatory at all occasions.
32. Especially ones with lots of drunk people.
33. States with turnpikes have the best rest stops/bathrooms.
34. Road trips are not for relaxing.
35. I believe Road trip is actually defined as being on the road more than anywhere else.
36. Tina Fey's book Bossypants is hilarious.

Well, that's probably enough list-making for me. I have a pile of laundry calling my name.  What's your favorite road trip experience?

No comments: