Thursday, June 23, 2011

Books

I read "The Art of Racing in the Rain" yesterday.  More like the Art of Making Gretchen Cry. Anything with animals and people dying and I'm pretty much toast.
That book is so freaking sad!  It was good, but I'll never read it again.
I'm looking for something else to read since I've already read "Bossypants."  Hilarious.  I would read parts aloud to B on our road trip (after laughing hysterically out loud). I'm sure it came out just as funny when I read them. Ha!
Any suggestions for a new, light read?  I can't cry my way through another book just yet. I was going to read "Water for Elephants" (I've owned it since last year, just haven't read it yet), but I hear that's pretty intense. I also have "The Kite Runner."  I'm noticing a pattern.  I started my summer last year with "A Prayer for Owen Meany," which I LOVED, but it ruined me for any other book that summer.  I couldn't commit to anything else. I should have ended with that one.

No comments: