Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oops

Turns out I'm not too great at this blogging thing. I think it just takes time to figure out what to write about...and like I've said forever...it always sounds better in my head than on paper. When I actually have TIME to write something, I can't remember it :).
Gah. I can barely remember what to get at the grocery store. With a list.

I've decided I'm only low carb. during the week. I need to be able to eat what I want on the weekends. I still haven't been snacking, so that's good. Plus, I've found that I eat less of the bad stuff. That's good...right?

This is going to be a busy week. Grades are due, we have rehearsal three days after school and I have homework for my second to last master's class. Yippee. I mean that truly for the second to last class and sarcastically for the homework. I've found that most things in life entail jumping through big, fiery hoops.
Isn't the word fiery weird? Fire is spelled fire...yet fiery? I'm an English teacher, and it still makes no sense to me. It's as if people just randomly decided how words should be spelled. I wonder if they drew from a hat, or someone lost a bet. Or won a bet on the strangest spellings they could come up with...

We went to see "Leap Year" yesterday. It was pretty cute. Typical chick flick with your typical happy ending, but that's what I like. We all get a bit too much reality these days. Amy Adams is adorable, and the scenery is gorgeous.

I was thinking of doing some Outfit of the Day (OOTD) posts, but then I was thinking that no one really wants to see what a teacher who shops at Kohl's, NY and Co., and Target wears. :) If you want to see it, (all two followers! Love you!) let me know.

I've been really itching to read lately. It's the forever student in me. Or something. I really like reading, but find that I don't have a lot of time to read a WHOLE. BOOK. Oh my. Or I can't concentrate. Or I fall asleep. I have a lot of books I'm waiting to buy on Amazon on my wish list...lots of Zen and de-clutter books. :) Any recommendations?

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I totally understand about things sounding better/funnier/more interesting in my head than when I try to write them in a blog post! Happens to me all the stinkin time.

About nutella: it's similar to peanut butter, only it's made with hazelnuts and it's CHOCOLATEY! Ohmygoodness, SO good! I'm not a fan of peanut butter or of nuts in desserts but I love this (strange). Only, if you're trying to eat healthier (which it sounds like you might be), this is probably not a good time for you to explore the amazingness of nutella. It has like 11 grams of fat in 2 Tbsp. and should definitely be consumed in small quantities if you're attempting the healthy thing, a concept my husband and I cannot seem to grasp.