Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Quiz

I know I'm a little late for this, but it looked like fun. I stole it from Amber at http://www.brunchwithamber.com/.

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?Hot Chocolate--I've really only had eggnog in the form of a McDonald's shake...it wasn't bad, but it's just the idea...:)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?Santa wraps presents! He also has fancy handwriting...
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?We have white lights (white and blue on the white tree), but I keep seeing those bright LED lights and I think they look pretty cool.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?I have in the past, but I didn't this year. The white tree didn't even get decorations this year. Oops.
5. When do you put your decorations up?Typically they go up on November 1st. I LOVE Christmas! This year, I didn't get them up until after Thanksgiving...it may have even been after the first of December. I'm going to leave them up a while longer, because I always get sad when I have to take them down.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?Turkey rolls! They're amazing!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?My parents would always spread the carrots on the lawn that we put out for Rudolph. That was pretty cool.  Also, just the excitement of waiting for an appropriate time to get up (5 AM!) and how beautiful the tree looked!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?I was older than I should have been, but I like to believe that I believed longer to keep the excitement of Christmas alive...it's not nearly as fun without Santa!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?As kids, we always opened our Christmas Pajamas. :)  I think I should start that tradition again :).

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
The regular tree is a random assortment of stuff from when Bryan and I were kids and cool ornaments that people get us for Christmas and birthdays.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?I dread it, but it really didn't feel like Christmas this year, and I think it's because we didn't have any snow.  As long as the roads are clear, I guess it's okay.

12. Can you ice skate?
I can! It's a lot of fun, but I haven't done it in a while.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?I've had too many amazing gifts to recall just one.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Hanging out with my family, shopping for the perfect gift for someone, the beautiful decorations...I would usually say that people are nicer around the holidays, but I didn't really see that a lot this year.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
My mom's mint ice cream/oreo dessert.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Going to my mom's Christmas night :).
17. What tops your tree?I don't have any tree toppers! :(  I've found that all the ones at the store are too heavy for a fake tree to handle.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?Both! :)
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum?Yum! They're especially good in a mug of hot chocolate!

20. Favorite Christmas show?
Elf, Love Actually, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story...all of them? :)
21. Saddest Christmas song?Christmas Shoes. I seriously hate that song.
22. What’s your favorite Christmas song?I love all the classics, but Etta James' Sleigh Ride is probably my favorite.

No comments: